Friday 11 February 2011

T-shirt Design Production - Evulation







Evaluation

In this Assignment Brief we had to design a T-shirt for  “Creative Arts”.

The first thing we had to do was to make a questionnaire, to see what people would like on their T-shirts. To get make the questions for the questionnaire we had to think of what thing the like e.g. music, film, colour and if they like write, picture or both on the their T-shit.


Secondly we had make 3 designs for our T-shirt

Design 1
 

This is the first design I made by using a website called Picnik.


I have used different stickers and changed the colours to make the design stand out.



 The feedback I got from this design
  • Brightly coloured
  • Good design
  • Stands out
  • Too much stuff 

ch  Design 2
fh
This is the second design I made. I have still used the website Picnik.



I used similar stickers and I’ve put a few music notes and cameras to show that it’s about performing and music. The splodges in the background represent art. 






The feedback I got from this design:
  • Good design
  • Less crowded
  • Show what the brief asks
  • Good text/writing


 Design 3

This is the third design I made, again I used the website Picnik.


I got the original image from Google. I then added a few stickers/images, colours and writing to finish the design. I have got the music notes and the cameras in this deign to match the brief.






The feedback I got from this design:
  • Good colours
  • Writing stands out
  • Brightly colours
  • Stands out


Thirdly, We made a PowerPoint to present what we have found out in the questionnaire and to see how many people like music, film etc. but also finding out whether people like writing, pictures or both on their tops.

I gathered all the information from our questionnaire and made a graph to make the information easier to understand and be able to read clearly. On one of the questions ‘What design do you like?’ we had to put 4 rough ideas of T-shirt designs to see what they like more, which will also make it easier for me (the T-shirt designer) to get a better idea to create.

We also created a mood board to show what ideas we have research.












After we presented our 3 ideas to the class we keep the feed back and see which one most people liked and I have to make a new design within  ‘Design 2’ and ‘Design 3’.
The new Design I made for my T-shirt design.
  

 













I had to go into Photoshop to mirror the picture iron onto a T-shirt. I used an inkjet printer onto a peace of digital transfer paper. After it got printed I transferred it onto a plain white T-shirt and used an iron to transfer the design onto the t-shirt.









The feedback I got from my final design was it shows all the different Types of creative arts in the idea. Also people have said that it’s a really good design and very colourful and even by using a few colours. Also the writing stands out because it a bright colour.

The colours I used blue, purple, white & orange. The colours go together because they are simple and easy to stand out and they go very well.







The Print Production what we could use is Screen Printing. By doing this it would be a longer process because you would have to cut out each shape onto the t-shirt and mixing the paint to the right colour too. The Artist that would use Screen Printing would be Samuel Simon.


My conclusion of my final t-shirt design, I think it a lot better then the other ideas because is simple and there’s not too much go on within the design.  You can get a rough idea of what the creative arts is about by looking at the t-shirt as it has got; the girl and boy, camera/tripod, music notes and the arty creative design.

The advantages of my idea are the colours and the design goes well. Not too much going on, simple idea.

The disadvantages, there could possible be a few more colours and a few more stickers/images I could of used on the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment